In May 1913 J. H. Hardy started a newspaper in La Pryor. This was the first Zavala County Sentinel. The newspaper was moved to Crystal City in 1926. Dale Barker bought the paper in 1954. Amalia and Tomas Aguilar purchased the newspaper from Mr. Barker's family in 2000. The newspaper was owned by Rick Sanchez and Jerry Mata from 2010-2018. The newspaper is currently owned and operated by Annie Lee Amescua, Nelly Fernandez and Juan Fernandez.
Weekly newspaper serving Crystal City, Texas - La Pryor, Texas - Batesville, Texas - Uvalde, Texas Since 1911